Gym Rules, Terms and Conditions
Rules, Terms and Conditions of Membership
Class Rules and Requirements:
- All members must sign in at reception before beginning any class.
- All members must wear footwear whilst walking outside of the training mats.
- Please do not walk barefoot anywhere in the gym before entering the training mats.
- All metal objects, jewellery, piercing, necklaces and other items must be removed before class.
- No footwear, food or drink on the mat.
- Mobile phones must be switched off or muted before class.
- During class, when the instructor is demonstrating the techniques, members should sit or stand in good posture.
- If you are late for class, please sit by the side of the training area and wait for permission from the Instructor to join in the class.
- If you need to leave the mat or you must ask permission from the Instructor.
- Always acknowledge and respect your training partners, at all times.
- Talking should be kept to a minimum level and should relate to the class subject.
- Absolutely no foul language inside the academy.
- Be respectful of your surroundings, staff, instructors and all members.
- Do not use excessive force in class, even when sparring. We are a team, injuries only mean one less training partner.
- Keep fingernails and toenails short for everyone's safety, personal hygiene should be kept to a very high standard.
- The uniform must be clean, at all times. A dirty uniform is a sign of disrespect. If you partake in more than one class per day, you must have a fresh uniform for the following class.
- We request students wear official Hardy-Wallhead MMA uniform for all classes.
- We request members wear a rash guard for all classes. Rash guards prevent injuries that can occur such as fingers getting caught in T-shirts.
- Approved protective equipment/clothing must be used in class. We do not allow the use of non-approved sparring equipment. If you have questions surrounding this, please consult the instructors.
- Minimum requirements for contact/sparring classes where appropriate are mouth guards, groin guards, 16oz Boxing Gloves (10oz children) and Shin guards with Instep.
- All Hardy-Wallhead MMA clothing and protective equipment are available to purchase from reception or online. If you choose to buy alternatives, please ensure these items are suitable for use prior to purchase by speaking to a member of the team.
Gym Area & Equipment, Rules and Requirements:
- Under 16's are not permitted to use the gym equipment.
- Only members with express permission from the gym owners can use any of the exercise equipment within the gym.
- Correct attire must be worn when exercising, clothing such as jeans, boots, and work wear are not permitted.
- Appropriate sports footwear must be worn when using machines and walking through the gym itself (not on the mats).
- Please be aware of personal hygiene in the gym.
- Please leave gym equipment and mats in the same manner you left them.
- If you are unsure how to use any piece of equipment, you must seek advice from a qualified member of staff.
- Please report faulty equipment to reception immediately.
- Do not under any circumstances attempt to use or rectify faults on any pieces of equipment.
- Please do not misuse any of the equipment in the gym.
General Terms and Conditions:
- All incidents must be reported at reception or to a member of staff immediately.
- Please read the displayed fire notice upon entering the building and be aware of all fire exits.
- In the case of an emergency please leave the building through the nearest fire exit.
- Please do not take photographs or video on the premises or post remarks to the Internet that may identify another member, unless you have their express permission to do so.
- Members are solely responsible for their own personal property and lockers should be used where provided.
- Members are asked to only use the lockers for the duration of their training session. Lockers will be emptied at night and items removed to lost property.
- Although we will always endeavour to return any articles of lost property to its owner, we do not responsibility for any items held in lost property.
- Hardy-Wallhead MMA Ltd. accepts no responsibility for either loss or damage of personal property which a member may take with them into the gym or car park.
- Anybody caught possessing or taking illegal substances will be banned from the gym.
- Smoking, including the use of e-cigarettes are strictly prohibited in all areas of the gym.
- The management have the right to refuse admission to any person deemed unfit to train, or behaving in a dangerous, unsuitable manner.
- We will not tolerate rude or abusive language or the threat or use of violence.
- Only Personal Trainers with express permission from Hardy-Wallhead MMA Ltd are permitted to train members within the facilities.
- The management reserves the right to amend the rules at any time, including the membership fee payable, the opening and closing times and facilities available.
- By accessing the gym, using equipment or participating in a class, members are deemed to have read and understood the rules, terms and conditions of their membership.
- Failure to comply with the above may result in your membership being cancelled.
Membership Agreement Declaration
***PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING TO THE SIGN-UP PAGE***
Health PAR-Q Member Information:
- Before starting any training program, it is important to ensure that you are fit and healthy to do so. Please read the following questions carefully and answer each one honestly.
- Has your doctor advised you not to do any physical exercise or training?
- Are you pregnant or postnatal?
- Do you suffer from asthma or breathing difficulties?
- Have you been in hospital in the last 3 years?
- Are you taking any medication?
- Do you suffer from diabetes or epilepsy?
- Do you suffer from an allergy?
- Has your doctor ever said you have a heart condition and should only do physical activity recommended by a doctor?
- Do you ever feel pain in your chest when you do physical activity?
- In the past month, have you had chest pain when you were not doing physical activity?
- Do you lose your balance because of dizziness or do you ever lose consciousness?
- Do you have a bone or joint problem that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity?
- Do you know of any other reason why you should not do physical activity?
Should the answer be YES to any of the questions, or you are uncertain of any of the questions, you should contact Hardy-Wallhead MMA before continuing with your application.
Hardy-Wallhead MMA Ltd Disclaimer:
A risk always exists when undertaking any form of exercise. A health problem or weakness may become apparent and could conceivably lead to injury, illness or fatality.
Our staff, agents and subcontractors are not medically trained, so should you have any concerns with your health, you should seek independent medical advice before engaging in any physical activity on our premises. It is strongly recommended that members refer to their GP for advice before starting any physical exercise.
Upon joining, all members may request a comprehensive induction (fees applicable) to instruct you on the use of all gym equipment and we strongly advise to undertake this. Hardy-Wallhead MMA Limited will not accept any liability for any claim for personal injury during any form of physical activity whilst at the Hardy-Wallhead Gym or within its classes, sparring sessions or use of equipment. Members choosing to train at the gym or use any of its facilities do so understanding that Hardy-Wallhead MMA Ltd. are in no way liable for any sustained injuries and members, guests or trainers choose to use the facilities at their own risk. Under 16's are not allowed to use the Gym equipment under any circumstances.
Martial arts are a potentially dangerous activity. Bumps, bruises, scrapes, scratches and soreness are commonplace, and most students will encounter this sort of minor injury from time to time in their training. More serious injuries are also possible, including sprains, strains, twists, cramps and injuries of similar magnitude and students can expect to encounter these injuries infrequently. The possibility of more serious injury exists, including fractured bones, broken bones, and torn ligaments, though not all students encounter such serious injuries. As with any physical activity, there also exists the remote possibility of crippling or death.
Members accept that Hardy-Wallhead MMA Ltd. are not liable for any such injuries etc. that members sustain whilst training at the facility, also understand that this includes injuries sustained through the training and sparring with other individuals, coaches and members, the risks involved in this are accepted and all liability is accepted by the member upon agreeing to this document.
Hardy-Wallhead MMA Ltd, our staff, agents and subcontractors shall not be held responsible in the event of any injury, accident, illness or death which may result and can accept no liability other than in accordance with such duty as is implied by the Occupiers Liability Act 1984 as amended from time to time.
Member Agreement Declaration - You warrant, declare and acknowledge that:
- The information given by you upon joining is correct and will be relied upon by us.
- You have read and answered the Par-Q questionnaire honestly and that you have NOT answered yes to any of the questions.
- To the best of your knowledge and belief you are in good health and not knowingly incapable of engaging in either active or passive exercise and that such exercise would not be detrimental to your health, safety, comfort, wellbeing or physical condition. Further, that you will advise us immediately should your health or vulnerability to injury change.
- You have read and agree to Hardy-Wallhead MMA Gym Rules, Terms and Conditions of membership.
- You have read and agree to Hardy-Wallhead MMA Gym Martial Arts Training Etiquette.
- You have read, understand and accept all risks associated with both gymnasium and martial arts training and completely absolve Hardy-Wallhead MMA Gym Ltd, the instructor(s), staff, agents and subcontractors of Hardy-Wallhead MMA Gym Ltd from any liability, accepting the responsibility for your own safety.
- This agreement will become binding once you have checked the 'I have read and accept the Academy Rules, Terms and Conditions and Membership Agreement Declaration' box and the "SIGN UP" button has been clicked.
- A written copy of this agreement can be requested at the Hardy-Wallhead MMA Gym Reception.